Hi everyone ,hope you are well. I don’t know about you but I’m really looking forward to this year being over. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to get motivated and stay motivated ,recently with the current events ,I’m not even going to mention because I’m sick of hearing about it. All the rules and regulations are fine I suppose we just gotta live with them but would be fantastic if we weren’t all walking on eggshells constantly things changing at a drop of a hat. I wish we could forsea the outcome of it all.
I’ve been really struggling this week With my anxiety and mental health it’s all getting too much and I need to snap out of it tbh but easier said than done. I can only imagine the amount of people who are struggling right now it’s so awful. My advice for anyone who hasn’t dealt with mental health before or someone who is suffering again please get help you don’t have to face it alone. A problem shared is a problem halves as some might say. I’ve compiled a little list below of distractions and coping mechanisms I have personally used to help. I’m no expert mind you but the amount of different therapy’s and treatments I’ve had for anxiety and depression is quite extensive. I used to be quite embarressed because of my mental illness. I’m not anymore we’re all human and sometimes life just gets too overwhelming and stressful and there’s nothing wrong with admitting you may need support accept any help you are able to obtain. That’s the first step I suppose accepting you have a problem and getting any help where you can.
- Meditation and deep breathing I can’t recommend enough there are some lovely videos avalible on YouTube you can meditate along with.
- Going for a walk the fresh air and gentle exercise.
- Get a hobby they can be your greatest distraction for me it’s comping , sewing , blogging this list goes on. It can be anything that makes you happy.
- CBT self help books can be useful whilst waiting for treatment.
- Get enough sleep this can be so detrimental to feeling well and defiantly should be top of any self care list.
- Don’t drink away your problems tempting I know I’ve done it and didn’t help alcohol is a depressant so will only worsen your problems. (Learnt that the hard way)
- See your doctor and seek help don’t suffer in silence quite possible the most important advice I could give.
Lastly I just wanted to say don’t ever feel you have to suffer alone and don’t ever feel bad about having any of the problems your faced with. Everyone is different we all cope in different ways there is no wrong way . Eventually everything will be ok again, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel as long as you never give up. YOUVE GOT THIS!!!
What are your favourite self-help tips ?I’d love to know please comment below thanks for reading Jade x