Morning all hope your all well as some of you will be and the kids love cooking together sometime on the anxiety days we don’t get out as much as we could. So I like to find ways of having fun at home. Baking some yummy treats is a fun way to get messy and have fun. This morning we’ve been on a baking adventure on the menu is homemade fairy cakes and dinosaur scones that turned into crackers biscuits think we’ve created hybrid or forgot the baking powder, either way, they were very yummy and went well with cheese. Both Harrison and Emily had lots of fun not only making but eating I like to let them add the ingredients and join in when they want to and both love it even if we did spend most of the day in PJ we were still productive and I had less washing WINNING hehe. Below are our photos and recipes that are not mine but I can’t remember where I found them been using them for years.
Fairy cake so easy recipe
You will need
- 100g self-raising flour
- 100g soft butter
- 100g of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- some icing sugar and sprinkles to decorate.
- Mix together the butter and sugar
- Add the flour (sift it if you want will make fluffier)
- add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth then put into cake cases
- pop in the oven on gas mark 4 for 20 mins
- wait till cool the ice and add sprinkle (to make the icing I do 2 spoons of icing to 1 of water so it’s not too runny).
- pop in the fridge for 5 mins then ready to eat yummy.
Easy scones traditionally round but ours are dinosaurs
You will need
- 225g of self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 55g of butter
- 25g sugar
- 150ml of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of baking powder optional but our bakes need it Ahah
- Heat oven to gas mark 7.
- Mix the flour-butter and salt
- Stir in sugar and slowly add milk to make a soft dough
- Flour the side and knead then roll out the dough using a round or whatever shape cookie cutter you have to make your scones, about 2cm in thickness keep going till all the dough is used.
- Place on lined baking tray and brush with egg
- bake on gas mark 7 for 12-15mins
- Let cool and enjoy with some jam
These are ours we made ourselves a budget-friendly afternoon tea and had a fun morning of baking even though they didn’t turn out as planned we liked them 😀 Thank you for reading xx